Date: Sunday, March 15, 2020
To: ACGC Public Schools Parents, Staff and Community
Re: ACGC School Closure
Good Afternoon ACGC Families,
ACGC Public Schools will be joining school districts and charter schools across the state to create plans to equitably distribute distance learning to our students should we need to close schools statewide for a longer period of time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Minnesota Department of Education is defining distance learning to mean that a student receives daily interaction with their licensed teacher(s) and appropriate educational materials.
- Effective Immediately ACGC Public Schools are Closed from March 15, 2020- March 27, 2020
- No school for students on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- No school sponsored activities, including Community Education courses, starting Sunday, March 15, 2020
- ACGC Kids are Great Daycare/School Aged Childcare is open for students currently enrolled in daycare as well as children of emergency workers (including providers of healthcare, emergency medical services, long-term and post-acute care; law enforcement personnel; personnel providing correctional services; public health employees; firefighters and other first responders; and court personnel) are critical to the State’s response to COVID-19
- ACGC Staff: All staff report to their building on Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Staff in at-risk categories should take action consistent with public health recommendations or the advice of their doctors.
This continues to be a developing situation, so we ask that you consistently watch for communication from the ACGC School District. Again, we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconveniences this may cause families and staff.